Sr Business Ops Coordinator
Location: South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $40,000 to $95,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Hybrid, Columbia SC preferred
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business operations and business modeling concepts
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office, including intermediate proficiency using Excel
- Strong communications skills including verbal, writing, listening, and understanding
- Strong planning, organization, and follow-up skills
- Experience and understanding of SharePoint as a technology solution
- Experience and understanding of Aflac internal operations including enrollment, new business, premium and billing a plus
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 4 years job related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates a variety of functions in support of the division, including but not limited to divisional long- and short-term plans aimed at building operational performance and profit, future divisional goals, structure/productivity improvements, assisting with and/or developing documentation of project deliverables, process designs and flows, various communication plans, business reporting, and review/resolution for routine inquiries and issues
- Acts as a project leader/coordinator on projects of moderate or advanced complexity; assists with project initiation to include project charters; participates on division or other companywide projects for the department or works with employee groups producing/originating solutions to improve service and other initiatives that normally impact the division, department, and/or business unit
- Works independently to analyze issues to determine best solutions; sets priorities, plans and organizes workload, and meets established deadlines; ensures that all team projects are serviced consistently; proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to identify and resolve information and functional needs; maintains consistent communication to ensure proper management intervention; reviews existing processes and identifies areas for improvement
- Facilitates the development, design, and production of a variety of analysis documentation for the division or the organization for key initiatives, accomplishments, metric reviews, or escalation updates; utilizes reporting and partners with internal departments to research progress or to get traction on a given project
- Analyzes departmental trends pertaining to work flow, productivity, and efficiency; assists with gathering and compiling reports to track initiatives and projects compared to planned deliveries; calculate and collect metrics and volumes to establish a target or compare against existing targets; monitors business operations in order to develop, maintain, forecast, and track performance metrics
- Works closely with various departments to produce and update project plan, implementation, and risk documents for leadership; serves as the primary contact within the team for project updates; analyzes operational needs, marketing plans, and departmental issues to develop improved operations and business models; makes recommendations for new and revised business policies, procedures, and practices, training, and employee incentives
- Creates management tool reports into a customer-friendly format for use by management; measures success metrics for the team and ensures timely reporting; serves as an administrator of the SharePoint site and is responsible for user access permissions; ensures resources are consistently updated and made available as needed
- Reviews processes and procedures to streamline activities to enhance service turnaround time; coordinates resource management of production staff based on production volumes and capacity; ensures that workflow processes facilitate effective and efficient use of corporate resources and enhance customer satisfaction
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and manuals for premium processing functions; determines relevance of general information to keep documentation current; stays abreast of overall department activities and projects; accepts source documents and creates documentation in the desired format; controls distribution of documentation as authorized
- Assists with trouble-shooting relative to databases, reports, system files, etc.; documents and communicates resolution of system issues with affected areas; audits, monitors, and evaluates the quality of reporting provided; documents quality issues and performance measures for management
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $95,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1-hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.