Sales Manager I
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity: Sales Manager I- Atlanta, GA| Southeast Region
Salary Range: 125,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is designated as a remote role. You will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. Although this role is designated as remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Supporting Change
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with Distribution Partners in order to create and implement strategies that will increase number of active accounts, improvement of existing accounts, and acquisition of new accounts
- Proven track record of success leading a team of individuals to achieve increased sales dollars
- Established proficiency in identifying and recruiting top sales talent
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and act as an advisor on professional issues with Aflac’s senior management, and internal and external business contacts
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In business administration or a related field
- Seven years (preferred) of successful work-related experience
- A minimum of four years regional insurance or sales experience (national sales experience preferred)
- Possess (or willingness to attain) state required life and health agent license
Education & Experience Preferred
- Group Workplace Voluntary Benefits (WVB) experience (preferred)
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages up to three Sr. Group and/or Group representative(s) in their designated market. Responsible for achievement of team, personal and individual direct reports’ sales targets
- Responsible for developing and executing an on-going recruitment plan that will identify and target top sales talent
- Collaborates with Territory and Market Directors to design programs and processes that best leverage the field sales force to drive increased enrollments for Distribution Partners, and develops strategies for achieving enrollment goals
- Partners with leadership to develop strategies and plans to grow the business; develops selling models to optimize sales results
- Ensures Aflac products are aggressively and competitively positioned through all Distribution Partners; Establishes and builds relationships with Distribution Partners who will market the Aflac portfolio of products to their clients; manages overall relationship with key brokers while directing internal account support
- Evaluates short-term and long-term market potential by understanding Aflac’s current market position within each Distribution Partner’s book of business
- Professionally manages the sales pipeline by strategically monitoring effectiveness and tracking top pursuits
- Embraces a culture of collaboration and teamwork and mentors team of Sr. Group Reps and Group Reps
- Develops and maintains a holistic view of Aflac offerings and competitor and market conditions and identifies account segment opportunities
- Drives the coordination, execution, and implementation of broad projects; monitors project plans and execution progress to resolve any variances and provides accurate communication to stakeholders; identifies required modifications to the project plan based on changed priorities, policy changes, and/or resource constraints in order to ensure plans continue to align to current business objectives
- Develops an effective succession plan that identifies and fosters the next generation of sales leadership
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $125,000 In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered