Digital Service Delivery Lead
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $80,000 - $185,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is designated as a remote role. You will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. Although this role is designated as remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Distributed Processing - Intermediate
- Mainframe Computing - Intermediate
- Data Standards - Intermediate
- SDLC -– Intermediate
- Agile - Intermediate
- Development Methodology & Procedures - Intermediate
- Ability to multitask and manage in a cross- functional environment
- Project management and agile methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
- Understands and stay current with industry trends, new managed service news, and cloud computing models
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Computer Science or Information Systems or related field
- Eight or more years of relevant technical and business experience
- Five years of managerial experience in a complex business environment involving multiple business issues
- Leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams and the flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels (internally and externally)
- Demonstrated ability to launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Experience implementing holistic management solutions; teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels of management; analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills
- Experience leading a team; attention to detail and organization skills; ability to utilize metrics and data to improve service quality and team performance
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Master's Degree In Computer Science or Information Systems or related field
- Certification - Certified Project Management Professional or equivalent professional training
Less than or equal to 25%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds and sustains a trustworthy relationship across the digital organization; Sets overall guidelines and performance measurements for service domain; Ensures leadership skills are at a level where they can drive the teams to meet expectations
- Works directly with the Digital Service Director to create strategic plans for the business’ future growth to ensure the digital organization is responsive to company growth and objectives; Prepares and submits budgets, strategic plans, estimates, forecasts, statistics, analysis and financial information in conjunction with ongoing business requirements, priorities, policies, and procedures
- Assists the Digital Service Director in designing and implementing policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments; directs the planning, development, implementation and ongoing support needs of integrated IT initiatives to support business strategies
- Participates in business strategic planning and decision-making at the division level and may be involved to some extent in visionary strategic planning and decision-making for the organization; Directs business technology planning for assigned business domains/divisions in a highly technical and strategic area
- Directs management activities and initiatives at the subdivision level and may direct management initiatives at the division level; supervises managers and supervisors, as well as consultants and professional staff
- Oversees services provided to assigned business domains; focuses on one or more business segments of moderate to high complexity; communicates frequently with portfolio domain leads, providing feedback and recommendations and interacts with executive management, providing strategic recommendations
- Provides both business and technical leadership and vision, and leads the development of standards and decisions regarding changes to systems/applications
- Assists the Digital Service Director in creating an integrated digital and information technology strategy/plan to support multiple business unit strategies, which may include analyzing new emerging technologies and translating implications of the new technology into an effective integrated IT strategy for multiple business units
- Provides enabling technology solutions that make it easier for customers and suppliers to do business with the enterprise as well as increase revenue and profitability
- Integrates high quality, low cost services across multiple businesses and customers
- Allocates resources (budget and people) and directs the development and delivery of training for internal and external IT users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems
- Champion of Agile based processes to drive speed to value
- Provides fact based reporting of results; is measured to delivery of digital initiative (scope, schedule and budget) within scope, but also the business results including adoption, revenue growth, customer experience and cost efficiency targets
- Is an advocate of change always looking to improve how we operate to better serve the company
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $185,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.