Location: Fairfield, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity: Group Representative- NJ/ PA
Salary Range: $60,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is designated as a remote role. You will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. Although this role is designated as remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Ability to create and implement strategies that will increase number of active accounts, penetration of existing accounts, and acquisition of new accounts; accomplishment at both the individual, team, region, and preferably national level
- Certified Project Management Professional (preferred)
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and act as an advisor on professional issues with Aflac’s senior management, and internal and external business contacts
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Up to five years of successful work-related experience
- Possess (or willingness to attain) state required life and health agent license
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Some regional insurance or sales experience (national sales experience
- Group Workplace Voluntary Benefits (WVB) experience
- Less than or equal to 75%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that Aflac products are aggressively and competitively positioned through all distribution channels within his/her assigned area(s); assists with the development of strategies and plans to grow the business; develops selling models to optimize sales results
- Establishes and builds relationships with key sources who will market the Aflac portfolio of products to the nation’s leading employers; manages overall relationship with key brokers while directing internal account support
- Creates and maintains a business plan within the assigned territory based on the the customers’ likely requirements; drives the pipeline and revenue goals for accounts within scope of responsibility to meet and ultimately exceed growth goals
- Assesses short-term and long-term market potential by understanding Aflac’s current market position within each broker’s book of business
- Defines desired market position and long-term goal with each broker though effective account planning
- Understands the clients’ business issues and align Aflac’s product development, case set-up, underwriting and other internal resources and services to meet the clients’ needs
- Professionally manages the sales pipeline by strategically monitoring health and tracking top pursuits
- Embraces a culture of collaboration and teamwork and mentors team members on business development and relationship-building
- Develops and maintains a holistic view of Aflac offerings and competitor and market conditions within the assigned area and identifies account segment opportunities
- Participates in broad projects and monitors project plans and execution progress to resolve any variances and provides accurate communication to stakeholders; identifies required modifications to the project plan based on changed priorities, policy changes, and/or resource constraints in order to ensure plans continue to align to current business objectives
- Compiles statistics, evaluates data, forms conclusions and presents recommendations to leadership in several areas; stays ahead of the curve on technical product-related knowledge and general sales techniques and trends; prepares summaries of important trends for leadership; proactively consults with and influences a variety of constituents based on strategies and actual performance
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $60,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.