Associate, Credit Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
About Our Company
Aflac Asset Management, LLC, (d.b.a. Aflac Global Investments) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aflac Incorporated (Aflac). Aflac Global Investments (GI) located in New York’s financial district and is the organization responsible for the overall investment activities of Aflac, Inc. and subsidiaries in Japan, Bermuda (Aflac Reinsurance), and Aflac Asset Management, LLC. (U.S). With 150 employees globally, GI seeks investments to maximize long-term returns with a focus on preservation of capital, subject to our asset-liability profile and liquidity and capital requirements. GI has primary investment and asset management responsibility for Aflac’s general account consisting of public, private, and growth assets (including strategic partnerships) which generates approximately $3.5 billion a year in net investment income. As of year-end 2022, Aflac’s total general account portfolio was $111 billion.
Please note: Aflac Global Investments' hybrid working environment requires a minimum of 3 days in the office each week
Within a Global Insurance Company, the Associate, Credit Analyst is a member of the Credit Team within Investment Management who must work in close collaboration with other Credit Analysts and others in the development and implementation of credit research, analysis, and recommendations consistent with the company’s overall portfolio objectives.
Reports to: Global Head of Credit
Primary Support: Credit Team
Other Relationships: Other Credit Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Compliance, Legal, Trading Desk, ESG team, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Auditors, Investment Risk Management (IRM), IT and other key stakeholders.
- Assist senior credit analysts in conducting in-depth market research across various sectors to support investment recommendations. Key components of this analysis will include, but not be limited to, industry research; review of company financial reports; earnings and news releases; and a framework for analyzing relative value within and across industry sectors. Monitor, gather, and organize information critical to the credit investment decision process. Provide verbal and written summaries of relevant information. Play a leading role in managing critical data inputs critical to the process.
- Prepare oral and written analyses and summaries to other credit analysts and key stake holders as needed.
- Update and manage relevant internal and external sources of data.
- Conduct ad hoc projects, analyses, and other support to relevant stakeholders as required
- Minimum of 1 year of direct experience or related/combined internship experience with theoretical knowledge of credit research accepted.
- B.A. / B.S degree in finance, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or similar quantitative is required. Master’s degree in similar degrees is welcomed
- Ability to communicate in clear, concise form both written and oral and good presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a fluid environment and to complete tasks independently yet, interact in a team environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines independently.
The range on this positions is: $56,000 to $132,000
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies, 401(k) plans, and generous paid time off. You’ll also be granted time off for designated paid holidays and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick, adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.