Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: 55,000 - $140,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Strong knowledge of Federal Election Commission (FEC) Guidelines related to the PAC
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office suite software
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently to set priorities, organize workload, and handle situations with discretion and good judgment in the absence of formal guidelines and procedures
- Ability to oversee a budget in accordance with policies, procedures and internal control
- Ability to independently contribute suggestions to improve department operational effectiveness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate creative event planning activities
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree political science, communications or a related field
- Five years of professional job-related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Less than or equal to 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the monthly PAC Board meeting to include presenting disbursement plan, fundraising updates and providing detailed reporting to Aflac General Counsel, Corporate Secretary and SVP, Federal Public Policy
- Oversees event scheduling for a $2 million per cycle PAC; coordinates a large volume of PAC check requests, in accordance with policies, procedures and internal controls
- Leads planning and oversight of high-level political fundraising events, engaging with fundraisers and political campaign teams
- Leads development of and strategy for the PAC budget, and helps ensure that PAC operations are managed within authorized budget limits, while maintaining cost control, efficiency and service quality
- Develops recommended strategic plan for the lobbying team of PAC disbursements and allocations for PAC giving
- Leads national PAC Ambassador Program including development and execution of all recruitment, training, education, engagement, ongoing communication, and recognition
- Manages annual PAC solicitation campaigns for employees and field force
- Engages regularly with field force leadership including TVPs, MKDs and others to support political education and PAC engagement
- Provides oversight for external fundraising consultants and strategy consultants
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.