Client Services Specialist III
Location: Georgia, South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $31,200 - $68,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is an onsite role. You will be required to work at the Aflac Group Building in Columbia, SC during your set working schedule.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Good teamwork skills
- Strong oral and writing communications skills
- Good math skills
- Excellent comprehension and reasoning abilities
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal/external business contacts
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years of related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Life and Health Insurance Specialist and/or Client Service Specialist Certification
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, performs non-routine and routine duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines; performs duties under general supervision; with intermittent review, refers to Lead Specialist for guidance in completing all unusual or more complex situations; follows standardized procedures or instructions to resolve most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to more experienced team members; serves as a resource to others in resolving of problems and issues
- Reconciles group level premiums; reviews payments for variances and matches relevant details to premium payments; coordinates obtaining required billing documentation for select groups; researches pended payments and takes necessary steps to resolve issues by contacting appropriate parties; adjusts accounts based on collected information
- Performs group level maintenance changes, analyzes and handles service requirements from various sources associated with complex accounts; calls or sends letters to request additional information or confirm action; researches customer correspondence, account invoices, and payment history; determines the disposition of funds not paid as billed or allocated with appropriate suspense account
- Provides back-up coverage for other teams as required, maintains databases, and prepares and extracts information using software systems
- Communicates internally and externally with payroll accounts, sales producers and various departments to obtain additional information or confirm changes
- Provides account support by performing preliminary research, some analysis, and basic interpretation of account information; evaluates deviation from set procedures and makes recommendations using judgment and experience where applicable to lead/supervisor; consults with lead/supervisor or appropriate department for resolution.
- Enters data into established system from various sources; analyzes group history information provided on documents and takes appropriate action; analyzes exception review cases and recommends appropriate action; completes action once approved
- Performs various clerical duties as assigned, such as filing, photocopying, typing, maintaining databases and preparing and extracting information using software systems
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $31,200 to $68,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.