Corp FP&A Systems Analyst I
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $40,000 - $95,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Introductory Microsoft Office skills with Intermediate Excel preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and other financial related federal regulations
- Excellent analysis skills
- Aptitude for systems work
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree accounting, finance, or a related field
- 2 years of professional job-related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Some insurance industry experience (e.g., internships)
- Less than or equal to 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains and facilitates the effective performance of Corporate FP&A’s financial planning software; represents the business customer while working with Corporate IT in the design, documentation, development and testing of financial software applications in accordance with the requirements of the business
- Shares in responsibility to perform routine maintenance, periodic tasks, and all troubleshooting related to SAP software used by Corporate FP&A
- Assists with building, developing, documenting and maintaining accurate financial systems and models to support the Corporate FP&A team and its customers
- Assists with designing and implementing effective management reporting solutions for a wide range of stakeholders across various departments and senior management
- Partners with the FP&A team to understand gaps and pain points, as well as process/tool issues, with a goal to craft efficient and effective solutions that streamline, standardize and automate FP&A workflows
- Participates in improvement, maintenance and administration of Corporate FP&A’s financial models, including data management, user administration and hierarchy structure and mapping; configures and maintains system related lists, modules, dashboards, and other model settings to meet business
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $95,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.