Security Incident Resps Consult
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge in Enterprise Log Management and SIEM tools.
- Retrieving and analyzing pcaps.
- Triage security events to determine true incidents, false positives and etc.
- Identify and promote “Use Cases” and corresponding actionable alerts.
- Open source IDS tools (PFSense, Suricatta)
- Virtual machine technologies and/or sandboxes
- Phishing or other email security analysis, investigations and remediation tactics.
- Provide guidance on incident analysis, root cause and technical problem resolution.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible to address security incidents out of normal business hours.
- Draft/Modify new or existing procedures.
- Ability to multitask effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Writing and presentation skills with the ability to present to various audiences with diverse understanding of Information Security.
- Work with supporting teams and executive management to communicate Incidents with facts and to drive maturity when necessary
- Advanced interview and communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and etc.)
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Scripting (Python, Perl, PowerShell)
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Computer science or information systems
- Five or more years of IT security experience
- Experience with information security best practices and security frameworks such as NIST 800 and ISO 2700#
- Experience responding to active/ongoing cyber security incidents
- Experience with security monitoring tools i.e. AV, IDS/IPS, Mail Gateway filtering and etc.
- Experience with relevant industry compliance standards such as HIPPA, PCI and etc.
- Current experience with cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks (Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain, Malware Forensics Kill Chain and HP Attack Life Cycle)
- Experience working as a Lead or Senior contributor within a Security Operations Center charged with monitoring, detecting and responding to security events or within an Incident response team
- Experience documenting security event workflow from initial notification/detection to Executive Summaries or case management too
- Experience working with Vendors associated with Security Monitoring and/or Incident Response functions
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Certifications - Active SANS or ISC2 industry recognized certifications
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes Security Event Monitoring and Incident Response strategy developed by management
- Ensures escalated security events (incidents), are properly documented, investigated and remediated
- Provide support to Junior Incident Response Analyst in the detection, analysis, response, containment, and reporting of cyber threats affecting Aflac’s networks
- Adhere to and improve upon current Security Event Monitoring visibility and Incident Response workflow
- Maintain current knowledge of information security trends, threats and responses
- Remain active within the Information Security Community
- Engage supporting teams as needed to increase information security efforts
- Lead Daily Standups and Team meetings
- Participates in network, security hardware engineering and troubleshooting efforts, technical writing; participates in briefings with clients, as well as, mentoring and special projects as assigned by Management
- Identify and categorize security threats based on financial and operational impact to the business
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.