Product Owner II
Location: Georgia, South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is hybrid. This means you will be expected to report to one of our Aflac offices located in Columbia, SC or Columbus, GA for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Passionate agile practitioner with a solid understanding agile values and principles
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ownership and commitment for deliverables
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, enthusiastic and assertive
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of customers
- Is knowledgeable about the product and product domain and able to transfer ideas into valuable features
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field
- Five or more years of work experience in product development, business analysis or project management
- Product ownership of at least three feature enhancements or at least one end to end product delivery
- Must have completed and received certification in the 1.0 Product Owner Enablement Program offered by the Enterprise Agility Office
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Certification Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent customers and users primarily for creation of new products or applications
- Understands and has frequent contact with the customer
- Works closely with the team being available for questions and clarifications on a daily basis
- Create the Vision and Release Roadmap for the product and be able to articulate these to the stakeholders and team
- Create Release Plan and Release Goals focusing on delivering the highest value to the customer
- Create Sprint Goals along with the team to be able to show working software to the customer at the end of each sprint
- Owns Product Backlog by creating portfolio level work items and user stories and prioritizing based on business value
- Facilitate requirements gathering and story refinement workshops
- Rank portfolio items/user stories in consultation with the Agile team
- Accept/reject finished user stories and features based on acceptance criteria and ensure sprint/release goals are met
- Track the team’s progress towards goals and ROI (Return On Investment)
- Collaborate with other Product Owners in a Community of Practice to work toward continuous improvement in the role, help others improve with the goal of helping the organization deliver highest value, highest quality products to the customer faster
- Work and collaborate with other Product Owners to identify and address cross-team dependencies and impacts
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.