PLADS Leave Case Manager
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $31,200 – $68,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. This role is remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. There may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Current knowledge of the integrated disability and absence management industry
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to manage difficult and stressful situations
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
- Ability to manage business expectations and resolve concerns, by communicating status and issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues
- Ability to interpret and analyze multiple facts
- Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations
- Knowledge of medical disability management preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 - 2 years of related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists associates with leave of absence requests and guides them through the process
- Processes all leave of absence paperwork according to established procedures and laws
- Provides timely and accurate responses to associates and all levels of management concerning day-today issues and activities
- Administers the FMLA policy; reviews FMLA documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Makes recommendations to approve or deny requests for FMLA based on federal regulations
- Coordinates correspondence, forms, and other documents via the claim system
- Generates reports as required; maintains files, inputs and analyzes data
- Assists management with leave of absence situations and provides guidance within the policy and established legal guidelines
- Keeps complete records of all LOA requests and maintains tracking and analysis of data
- Participates in developing goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintains compliance with standards and federal/state regulations
- Serves as an internal reference to the team for certification requirements and processing
- Contacts Providers for clarification
- Supports management with special projects as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $31,200 to $68,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.