Enrollment Technology Consult
Location: Georgia, South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote
- If you live within 50 miles of Columbia, SC or Columbus, GA, this role will be hybrid. This means that you will be expected to work at that Aflac Campus for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from Columbia, SC or Columbus, GA, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership to peers and subordinates.
- Knowledge of enrollment management implementation concepts, operating principles, and methodology applicable to client relationship management.
- Strong personal computer skills with experience in Windows-based software; experience using Microsoft Outlook or a similar e-mail system software.
- Solid technical understanding of implementing services with third party platforms.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships with internal and external partners.
- Broad knowledge of Aflac products and systems related to enrollment facilitation.
- Strong knowledge of assigned enrollment platforms and their technical capabilities for Aflac’s products.
- Strong knowledge of technical file/product requirements needed to process files.
- Strong knowledge of compliance language and evidence of insurability requirements, including technologies that support these requirements.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- 4 - 6 years of related professional work experience
- Experience with project/timeline management
- Extensive enrollment platform build experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Experience building Human Capital Management platforms
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Support enrollment activities for enrollment vendors and clients related to Aflac products; acts as a liaison coordinating activities with various internal departments and external clients to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the electronic enrollment; provide consultative and technical support to external clients during application software implementations across multiple enrollment platforms.
- Ensures requirements for Aflac plans have been developed by working with the client to establish the rapport; Maintains constant communication to ensure proper management of the enrollment from requirements through enrollment wrap up.
- Manages and accountable for moderately complex Aflac enrollment platform case builds and/or medium to large, moderate to highly complex case builds; collaborates and seeks direction from leadership for complex case builds; identified proper products, riders, and rates; troubleshoots and tracks errors/issues with cases; configure Aflac plans on the external clients behalf across multiple platforms based on client needs.
- Analyze customer requests for EDI file set-up, including but not limited to, suitability of billing type, plan design, and EDI benefit administration platform; Complete EDI configuration on behalf of the client within their benefits administration platform; troubleshoot EDI file issues and provide feedback to client for resolution; Collaborate and communicate cross functionally with the home office departments, clients, brokers, and external vendors to address test and production issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor the monthly EDI file upload process, address any internal issues within the required procedural timeframe, report issues to customer and benefit administration vendors. Lead the process for resolution focusing on reducing impact to the customer.
- Creates and develops enrollment timelines with internal and external clients using appropriate supporting tools; responsible for the delivery of the platform, change control and documented risk; accountable to any SOW’s needed from 3rd party and working with the external partners; monitors the enrollment progress and provides status to all affected parties; partners with vendors to improve system capabilities to proactively meet account needs
- Maintains a working knowledge of Aflac products and associated compliance requirements, enrollment and benefit administration technology requirements, and industry best practices; maintains a working knowledge of assigned platforms technical capabilities as it relates to Aflac’s requirements; updates change to vendor capability repository as needed
- Conducts or participates conference calls on a regular basis with internal and external clients to answer questions, resolve issues, provide system demos to ensure timely actions are taken; provides over consultative support to external clients for Aflac product and EDI configuration
- Performs detailed analysis on multiple projects, recommends potential business solutions, and ensures successful implementations, including improvements and revisions to business process and requirements; creates, updates, and maintains requirements specification documents, general system design documents, and detailed system design documents
- Works with career associates, brokers, vendors, and Clients to gather enrollment requirements such as enrollment dates, number of employees, benefit participation rules, plans to be offered, type of systems currently used, SLAs, enrollment type, and key milestone dates
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.