Admin Dev & Training Consult
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $45,000 - $105,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is hybrid. This means you will be expected to report to one of our Aflac offices located in Tampa, Florida for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Tampa, Florida this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Tampa, Florida this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Classroom Management Skills
- Knowledge of writing principles, English grammar, and spelling to create, edit, and/or proofread professional-quality publications that effectively communicate with the chosen audience
- Working knowledge of media file formats, standards, and best practices for web presentation; broad knowledge of current adult learning theory to facilitate development of curriculum designed for adult
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with internal customers by facilitating meetings and providing relevant feedback and input to topic or concern being discussed/reviewed
- Strong project management skills
- Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint: Intermediate skillset
- Microsoft Word: Advanced skillset
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In business administration or a related field.
- five to six years of job-related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Training certification
- Less than or equal to <25%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews, designs, and develops both e-learning and instructor led training programs for Admin Training, facilitates implementation learning initiatives, and reviews current training programs to ensure adherence to company goals
- Responsible for consulting with leaders to assess training and developmental needs stemming from new or revised policies/procedures; formulates training plans and determines appropriate small- and large group instructional methods, such as self-study, individual training, on-the-job training, mentoring, computer tutorial, etc.; tests, monitors, evaluates, reports, and follows up on progress of participants in training programs; compiles and analyzes data and prepares narrative and statistical reports of program effectiveness; measures performance to gauge success of programs
- Designs and facilitates training programs for companywide internal customers; tracks and analyzes training programs by examining training participants’ performances; recommends changes to the training programs; conducts advanced training programs for leadership on new products/services, selling skills, and/or skills and/or system changes; participates in identifying program needs, obtaining technical data, and scheduling programs; possibly maintains training records
- Researches, gathers, and verifies information to create written documents and visual aids for both eLearning and instructor led training programs, including gathering primary and/or secondary data and information, compiling and preparing responses, understanding products and projects, identifying audience needs, writing, drafting, editing, and revising documents to meet deadlines, preparing and reviewing appropriate relevant materials to ensure that all communications are routed through the appropriate channels for review and approval before going live online
- Edits, proofreads, and/or coordinates production of assigned materials (such as proposals, training manuals, statistical reports, memos, brochures, project scope documents, procedures, policy manuals, new letters, presentations, etc.); determines relevance of general information to keep documentation current; stays abreast of overall department activities and projects; accepts source documents and creates documentation in the desired format; controls distribution of documentation as authorized
- Conducts train-the-trainer sessions to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities of companywide employees and field force engaged in or pursuing training; trains subject matter experts to conduct key specialized training within areas of expertise; develops and maintains a certification process to ensure quality and consistency of learning; develops project plans and implementation timelines, and manages personal time and priorities to achieve those plans
- Coordinates and leads efforts with peers and business leaders to resolve business needs; mentors peers to assist with resolving business problems through the learning environment
- Develops innovative solutions for content presentation; stays abreast of trends in the market for content presentation; performs content audits, gap analysis, content style guides, and content migration plans; analyzes trends, researches and proposes best practices in technology, delivery methods, and customer satisfaction; assesses departments’ current and future training needs and gaps; provides research, analysis, consulting, and coaching to close departmental gaps as appropriate
- Maintains knowledge on adult learning theory, facilitation skills, and emerging training technologies up-to date by attending training classes, courses, seminars, exhibits, trade shows, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $105,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.