Customer Care Advocate
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $31,200 – $68,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. This role is hybrid. This means that you will be expected to work at the Aflac, Windsor CT Campus for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule should be discussed with your leadership.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Insurance industry knowledge
- Proficiency with windows-based software applications
- Proven ability to navigate through multiple systems and applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficiency in keyboarding skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry experience
- Demonstrated practical understanding of how processes and systems in own area of work relate to the management of risk and compliance
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate and service values
- Takes accountability for participating in the performance management cycle
- Takes action to improve performance on the job and to manage own personal development
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6 or more months of contact center or customer service experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles inquiries involving group life, disability and absence including claims, medical underwriting, and continuation of coverage
- Handles first notices of loss for group life, disability and absence claims via telephone and non-phone channels of work
- Interacts with internal/external business partners, including insureds and claimants, in a professional, productive, and positive manner
- Meets established departmental quality, service, phone metric, and productivity objectives
- Prepares documents, communications and other materials using established formats and standard software
- Resolves standard and complex inquiries and problems, defers more complex queries to the senior advocate or leadership in order to provide an effective service and clear advice to colleagues and customers
- Liaises with internal and external customers to exchange information, clarify facts, and resolve queries and/or problems efficiently
- Provides feedback and recommendations to the team to improve the quality of customer care
- Follows procedures to ensure adherence to the company´s risk and compliance policies
- Assists co-workers with knowledge and support
- Mandatory Overtime during Peak Periods/Shift Work/Holiday Work, as required
- Other duties as assigned by Team Manager or other member of Management team
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $31,200 to $68,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.