Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $85,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Draper, UT this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Draper, UT, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Broad knowledge of training methodology that enables the application of those principles and techniques to assist agents in acquiring specific skills or knowledge
- Classroom management skills
- Excellent verbal/written and presentation skills, a working knowledge of instructional design, and experience with training needs analysis
- Broad knowledge of how current adult learning theory applies to developing curriculum designed for adult learning
- Demonstrated experience managing or facilitating projects
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- six to eight years of work-related experience
- Field Experience and familiarity with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Less than or equal to 75%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Market Director with developing a comprehensive plan for coordinating training across the state; works with HQ Field Training Delivery/Implementation teams and Field leaders to define training modules that work in conjunction with training plans
- Coordinates training efforts based on organizational deficiencies identified through observation and data analysis and recommends improvements to the Market Director
- Provides consultative services on sales performance and makes recommendations for improvements that will impact performance issues, have measurable benefits, and aligns the overall strategic mission of the Field Force with the company’s business and growth strategies
- Gathers insight on performance of the organization from data sets; tracks progress, monitors and measures training effectiveness; conducts organizational assessments and business planning for the state operations;
- Monitors and evaluates training programs, processes, and practices for quality and effectiveness; delivers appropriate content to address deficiencies; implements state specific training solutions to address deficiencies
- Supports Training Delivery in the rollout of technology-enabled training; improves training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques, making support readily available and integrating support with job functions
- Leads the on-boarding training and development of Associates, Coordinators-in-Training and District Sales Coordinators; aligns training programs to provide progressive support to needed areas within the State; adapts, executes and sustains the delivery of training content and identifies qualified personnel to deliver content as needed
- Plans, conducts, coordinates and implements a comprehensive training program geared towards new associate and existing sales staff; adopts a culture of continuous learning, ensuring the maximum effectiveness of the company’s sales efforts
- Responsible for establishing a connection to new recruits, acting as an advisor and providing guidance as needed; proactively extends support and resources to new sales school attendees
- Utilizes SABA Learning Management System to track training courses/modules, and attendance records, in order to analyze effectiveness of instructor led courses
- Conducts performance coaching for the Sales Force
- Performs other duties as needed
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $85,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.