Job Type: Full time
Opportunity: Sr Auditor
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
Company: Aflac Incorporated
Recruiter: Dejanee Silas
Worker Designation – This role is an onsite role. This means you will be required to work at the Tower in Columbus, GA during your set working schedule.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Uses logic and reasoning skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with Aflac’s senior management, and internal and external business contacts
- Exhibits and maintains professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office software, including intermediate proficiency using Word and intermediate to advanced experience using Excel
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field
- Four years of job-related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation
Travel (if applicable, delete if not)
- Less than or equal to 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes audit results ensuring effectiveness of internal controls, efficiency of operations, and protection of company assets; performs thorough reviews of the assigned areas including transactions, documents, records, physical assets, and automated functions, reviews for accuracy, adequate controls, and operational efficiency
- Identifies and reports to Internal Audit management occurrences which could be construed to be fraud or violation of established laws or statutes; documents audit findings that will be the basis of the final report
- Prepares draft audit reports for supervisory review, including audit findings and recommendations; participates in closing conferences to discuss audit results; prepares PowerPoint presentations, outlines, visuals, graphs and other materials as required
- Evaluates management action plans to verify that all audit issues have satisfactory responses; participates in annual SOX process; participates in system development project teams as an internal controls consultant
- Participates in educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of Internal Audit, Life Insurance, Accounting, and Business Administration; performs special projects as requested
- Travel required approximately 30% of the time
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.