Location: Windsor, California
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.Collects grape berry and cluster samples from various vineyards for the purpose of measuring sugar (degrees brix) and delivers those samples to wine laboratories for analysis.
This position is a seasonal position hired only during the Vineyard Harvest Season).
Sample vineyard blocks and perform Brix, pH and TA testing
Shoot and cluster counting of vine blocks
Record keeping related to samples
Completed or enrolled in Viticulture degree program or related field
Must have a clean DMV record
Extensive driving and vineyard walking
- Collecting grape samples from a large variety of vineyards.
- Delivering samples to the local winery lab for analysis in a timely manner.
- Recording and reporting results of lab analyses to Field Supervisors/Grower Representatives.
- Previous sampling a plus as well as map reading abilities and local geographical knowledge.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must have Valid California Driver’s License and a clean DMV record.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and be able to regularly lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and must be willing to work the entire harvest season.
Contingencies include pre employment drug test and background check.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described in the headings above.
Global Job Level:
Number of Openings Available:4