Guest Services Team Member I - OFD
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Job Type: Full time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENCY PARTNERS:
If you currently work for Brown-Forman, please apply by clicking the Careers icon on the Workday portal.
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.Works all roles associated with OFD Guest Services to include Tour Guide, Guest Services Coordinator, and Tour Operations Assistant. Able to deliver an hour-long tour and tasting experience, set-up and tear-down the tasting room, and can perform all front desk operations to include answering phones, greeting guests, printing tickets, and updating tour reservations. Also trained and capable of assisting in George’s Bar and working in the gift shop space.
What You Can Expect
● Deliver 2-3, 75-minute walking tours of the distillery daily. Tour includes an hour tour followed by a 15-minute tasting experience.
● Manage and lead groups of up to 25 guests through the Old Forester distillery.
● Conduct public and private tours of the distillery.
● Answer questions about Brown-Forman and Old Forester history while on tour.
● Answer questions pertaining to the fermentation, distillation, cooperage, maturation, and bottling components of the Old Forester process.
● Answer questions about the various Old Forester expressions.
● Confirm guest counts and demographic breakouts with Guest Services before beginning the tour.
● Call guests in the lobby, George’s Bar, and retail to ensure all guests are present before beginning the tour.
● Conduct platform tastings as required.
Guest Services Coordinator
● Serve as the first point of contact and greet guests upon arrival to the distillery.
● Process tickets according to the confirmed tour experience.
● Process credit card and cash payments for guest tour experiences.
● Verify guest identification and annotate U-21 and “no-id” guests accordingly.
● Communicate confirmed tour size and demographic breakout to the tasting room and tour guide.
● Process refunds as required.
● Provide guest lockers as required.
● Direct guests and facilitate foot traffic in the distillery lobby.
● Answer distillery phones and respond to guest inquiries.
● Book and adjust tour reservations as necessary and as required.
● Responsible for the guest services cash drawer.
● Resolve guest concerns and involve Tour Captains and Visitor Center Lead as necessary.
Tour Operations Assistant
● Ensure tasting rooms are set according to Old Forester Distillery tasting room guidelines to include the placement of water, food item, and tasting expressions.
● Ensure expression pours are measured in accordance with the individual tour experience and responsibility guidelines.
● Monitor Xola and confirm with Guest Services to ensure the tasting room is set to the appropriate guest count and demographic breakout (i.e. adults and minors).
● Greet and welcome guests as they enter the tasting rooms.
● Inventory tasting room supplies weekly and informs Tour Captains of shortages.
● Monitor tour guide timing during tastings to ensure tours rotate through the tasting in a timely manner.
● Clean dishes in between tours.
● Pre-set tasting room cart for next day at the end of the previous day's shift.
● Serve and educate guests on flight and cocktail offerings.
● Set and clear tables between guests.
● Process payment for drinks in the bar.
● Educate guests on gift shop products/merchandise.
● Restock shelves.
● Work retail register as necessary.
We Are Looking For People Who
● Education - High School Diploma
● Minimum one year of experience in hospitality, retail or spirits/wine industry.
● Flexible Schedule. While hours are typically during the day, must be flexible in availability to work weekends, holidays, and some evenings.
● Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
● Ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
● Physically capable of standing for long periods of time.
● Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Global Job Level:id
Number of Openings Available:1