Automotive Detailer and Porter
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
At Carter Motors, we strive to make every customer a customer for life. Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated. Every employee at Carter Motors is absolutely critical to its success. Our promise is to keep delivering the same award winning service and value that our community has come to expect from our dealership through the years.
Carter Motors is driven by internal growth and development of our employees. This is a fantastic position to get started in the automotive world. From this position, our employees have moved into a variety of roles including supervisory and management roles, sales assistants or sales consultants, automotive technicians, express service writer/service advisor, and roles within the business and accounting office.
This position moves and cleans vehicles, and helps general sales manager as requested. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. No experience necessary, we're happy to train!
Compensation- $19.00 an hour + monthly bonus is based on number of cars sold and number of paint sealant/interior protection applications applied in the preceding month. Shift differential pay - extra dollar an hour for weekend hours.
Schedule- Saturday - Tuesday/Wednesday, 4/10's or 5/8's
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plans
- Medical, Dental & Vision after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) + Company Match Plan after 90 days of employment
- AFLAC, Legal Shield & Identity Theft Shield, FSA, Pet Insurance Discount
- Paid time off after 90 days of employment
- Growth opportunities
- Paid Training
- Employee vehicle purchase plans
- Family owned and operated
- Long term job security
- Discount Program
- Discounts on products and services
To see full pay and benefits details, visit this link or copy/paste the web address below into your browser.
- Maintains new- and used-vehicle inventory appearance and performance by cleaning interior and exterior of vehicles, replenishing all vehicle fluids as needed, and replacing batteries when necessary
- Places buyer guides and stock tags in vehicles
- Keeps new- and used-vehicle lots neat and orderly, moving cars as directed by the general manager and in accordance with dealership display standards
- Cleans driveway and sidewalks, removing snow and debris as necessary
- Drives vehicles to and from service lane, service stalls, and parking lot as needed
- Makes key tags for vehicles
- Performs other duties as assigned
- WA state driver's license is required
- Clean & Clear WA state driving record is required
- Pre-employment background check, reference check & drug screen is required
Carter Motors is a proud equal opportunities employer. We continue to embrace diversity and foster a workplace that is inclusive and equitable. We do not deny employment based on race, ethnicity, national origin, disabilities, or any other protected characteristics. Our company leadership holds a "zero-tolerance" policy for unlawful harassment and discrimination. Carter Motors is committed to providing a safe workplace for our employees and customers. We are a drug free workplace, and all employees are held to this standard to be free from the effects of drugs and/or alcohol while on duty. Carter Motors also participates in fair chance hiring practices, applicants with a criminal history are treated the same as all other qualified candidates. Those with a criminal history will undergo an individualized assessment and evaluated based on, but not limited to, the following: the position the candidates holds or will hold; the nature of the offense(s); the time elapsed since the offenses(s) occurred; the conduct of the candidate since the offense(s); evidence of rehabilitation; and employment history.