Entry Level Subaru Technician
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
At Carter Motors, we strive to make every customer a customer for life. Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated. Every employee at Carter Motors is absolutely critical to its success. Our promise is to keep delivering the same award winning service and value that our community has come to expect from our dealership through the years.
Start your automotive career today! Carter Subaru in Ballard is hiring and training entry level technicians. This is an excellent entry-level position in the Automotive field with great potential for advancement. We provide the training you need to become a technician. You provide a great attitude, a desire to succeed, and the ability to multi-task.
Starting pay is $20.00 an hour Continued training from there (as well as performance) nets you an increase in pay. Experienced technicians are paid on production, and earnings generally range from $70K-95K/year. Interested? We are happy to answer any other questions you may have.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plans
- Medical, Dental & Vision after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) + Company Match Plan after 90 days of employment
- AFLAC, Legal Shield & Identity Theft Shield, FSA, Pet Insurance Discount
- Paid time off after 90 days of employment
- Growth opportunities
- Paid Training
- Employee vehicle purchase plans
- Family owned and operated
- Long term job security
- Discount Program
- Discounts on products and services
To see full pay and benefits details, visit this link or copy/paste the web address below into your browser.
- Check and communicate oil level to teammates
- Ensure tire pressure for proper inflation
- Inspect and refill fluid levels as necessary
- Complete vehicle inspection
- Install a new oil drain plug and a new oil filter
- Clean and lubricate fittings as needed
- Providing excellent customer service keeping in mind that our customer’s perspective comes first
- Communication skills – communicates effectively with others
- Time management – managing one’s own time and time of others
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission
- WA state driver's license is required
- Clean & Clear WA state driving record is required
- Pre-employment background check, reference check & drug screen is required
Carter Motors is a proud equal opportunities employer. We continue to embrace diversity and foster a workplace that is inclusive and equitable. We do not deny employment based on race, ethnicity, national origin, disabilities, or any other protected characteristics. Our company leadership holds a "zero-tolerance" policy for unlawful harassment and discrimination. Carter Motors is committed to providing a safe workplace for our employees and customers. We are a drug free workplace, and all employees are held to this standard to be free from the effects of drugs and/or alcohol while on duty. Carter Motors also participates in fair chance hiring practices, applicants with a criminal history are treated the same as all other qualified candidates. Those with a criminal history will undergo an individualized assessment and evaluated based on, but not limited to, the following: the position the candidates holds or will hold; the nature of the offense(s); the time elapsed since the offenses(s) occurred; the conduct of the candidate since the offense(s); evidence of rehabilitation; and employment history.