Technical Leader, Software Engineer, MS (Switching)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Meraki Software Engineers breathe life into our cloud-managed network-attached devices, which include switches, routers, wireless access, and security cameras. We use real-time telemetry from thousands of deployed networks spanning the globe to continuously improve the performance and stability of our products. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love.
As a Technical Leader, Software Engineer, MS (Switching) you will initially focus on delivering high-quality fixes for regressions and customer issues with our products. You identify and eliminate technical debt and code smells, accelerating release of our latest features to customers. As you mature in your knowledge of our codebase, you will be responsible for improving and re-architecting existing components and subsystems, as well as developing new features to support the future growth of the product, both in terms of functionality, simplicity, scalability, and availability. Our projects are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about. You’ll have the opportunity to work across teams to design features and systems to solve complex problems for our customers. With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Proficiency in C and C++. If not proficient in C++, must be proficient in another object oriented programming language
- 3+ years experience in a production software engineering environment
- A strong networking foundational knowledge (LANs, routing, switching, wireless)
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in a Linux environment
- Experience working with and writing concurrent programs
- Understanding of OS fundamentals and experience working in both kernel and user space
- A focused, organized approach to development, testing, and quality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing and implementing core network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP)
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications)
- Scripting skills in Ruby or Python
- Understanding of network security fundamentals
- Experience working with version control, specifically Git
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience in developing for Cisco IOS-XE
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.