Full Stack Engineer, Android Enterprise
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full-stack teams build and maintain our cloud applications, which manage millions of networks, cameras, and sensors all over the world. Our customers use the Meraki web dashboard, mobile app, and programmable APIs to monitor, configure, and automate critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
The Meraki Dashboard API team focuses on ensuring the Dashboard API is easy and intuitive to build upon, while maintaining industry standards. We enable internal Meraki developers to easily build API endpoints and allow external partners to build custom applications on top of the API. Our team is small and fast-paced, always striving to make our products unique by balancing feature-rich abilities and simplicity. Our full-stack engineers are well versed in a wide array of technologies and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
What you will do:
- Create the APIs to enable cutting edge features on our web and mobile apps and external partner applications.
- Improve an internal framework to enable Meraki developers to easily write API endpoints.
- Build intuitive and powerful workflows to tackle important problems for IT professionals around the world, by collaborating with engineers, product managers and UX designers.
- Debug and improve performance issues at the database, web application, or web proxy layers as they arise.
- Solve challenging scaling problems to meet a growing user base and ensure the best experience and uptime.
- Boldly move the networking and security industry forward along a path of simplification, performance, and flexibility.
- Help other developers make architectural design decisions while evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Be a unifying force connecting people and motivating others to do their best.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests.
- 2+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails or Django.
- Experience with Android SDK development or willingness to learn.
- Have experience building Mobile Device Management solutions.
- Experience with Kubernetes and NGINX infrastructure or willingness to learn.
- Take complete ownership from proof and concept to production release by leveraging your ability to develop code, influence, facilitate, and work collaboratively across teams.
- Would thrive in a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
Bonus points for:
- Can implement efficient database design in a relational database (we use Postgres)
- Experience or willingness to work on proof-of-concept spikes as well as in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Have working knowledge of network protocols used on both local and wide-area networks.
Wondering What Working at Cisco Meraki is Like?
Picture a beautiful office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, an onsite gym, and paid time off to volunteer. Cisco Meraki has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy : The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.