Lead Site Reliability Engineer, Infrastructure (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Meraki Cloud supports millions of customer devices from 8 data centers worldwide. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving billions of HTTP requests per day globally. Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras.
Our SREs are responsible for building and growing the cloud that supports these customers and their networks. As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer on the IaaS team, you will lead the design, development and operation of a large-scale Hybrid Cloud deployment that is self-service, readily available, reliable, scalable and ahead of our predicted growth.
This role is to support a specific customer, and there is a 24/7 on-call requirement as part of a rotation. You will work with your team to deliver technical projects to support the broader business while spending a portion of your time working cross-team to support this critical customer.
What you would be working on:
- Deploying and running IaC solutions that enable teams to run seamlessly between our private and public clouds.
- Deploying and management of an automatic Infrastructure lifecycle using a workflow orchestrator (Apache Airflow).
- Deploy and operate large, high-performance Apache Airflow clusters.
- Deploy and manage BMaaS solutions that integrate with our automatic lifecycle.
- Deploying comprehensive monitoring tools to provide insight into the performance and reliability of our infrastructure.
- Automating testing infrastructure to accelerate the velocity at which we can deploy changes.
- Integrate our IaaS solutions with Backstage.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- Experience leading, designing, deploying and operating large technical projects - mainly working with cloud systems, networking, distributed systems, or data processing frameworks (ETL pipelines).
- Experience developing with languages like Ruby, Python or Go.
- Have experience running and/or developing highly scalable IaaS solutions.
- Interest in working on a highly autonomous team that cares deeply about quality and customer experience.
- Being curious, able to learn fast and feel comfortable diving into unfamiliar code and systems to solve problems.
- Direct experience with the following technologies (or similar): Terraform, Gitlab, Airflow, Ansible, Kafka, Netbox, AWS, Docker, ECS, K8s, Prometheus, SNMP, MaaS, Thinkerbell and Packer.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.