Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Escalations Team at Cisco Meraki is hiring. We are looking forward to welcoming applications qualified individuals who are technology enthusiasts and love problem-solving.
We are a team that serves as the last point of technical escalation. We lead complex and critical network problems to resolution when these issues cannot be resolved through the normal support process. Forget monotony with a new network challenge every single day! We strive for the highest quality of technical expertise and are empowered to use resources and be creative with our problem solving. Caring deeply for our customers and collaboration are second nature for us. We are uniquely positioned to get customer, support, and sales perspectives to improve product serviceability.
When the situation calls for, you may have to travel for 10-15% of the time
- Be the technical resolution owner and voice of authority representing Cisco Meraki support
- Review the reported issue and work with support to ensure the problem is accurately scoped.
- Analyze data and provide the next steps
- Create and implement plans to replicate customer issues to expedite resolution
- Navigate technical and political conversations
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to report, remediate issues while advocating for the customer
- Work with members across departments to effectively resolve issues
- Use the knowledge gained to contribute to the knowledge base via documents and training
We encourage and value your professional development. Plan and use up to 20% of your time to develop yourself. This may look like this:
- Choosing and specializing in Cisco Meraki Products and technologies of interest
- Focusing on certifications and programming languages
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Learning the latest on networking industry standards and competitor solutions
- Exploring new tools and investigating advancements in the field of computer networking
- You have associate-level networking knowledge and 2-3 years of networking experience. Associate level certification (CWNA, CCNA, etc) is a plus though not required.
- You have exposure to handling critical issues
- You are proficient in customer service and stakeholder management
- You are adept at taking charge and navigating difficult conversations
- You have recorded documentation efforts
- You have validated network troubleshooting skills in one or more technologies- wireless, cellular networking, routing, switching, network security technologies (security appliances, firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS), or large scale closed-circuit video deployments
- Experience completing a programming/automation project is a bonus
Why Cisco Meraki
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Compensation Range: $98,100 USD- $178,200 USD
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.