Software Development Engineer Testing (SDET)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the success of our team’s mission, not to mention our customer’s lives.
About the Team:
The Cloud Monitoring team is responsible for bringing Meraki Dashboard features to Cisco Catalyst family of switches and wireless products. This includes the development of automated tests for the various features including frontend UI, APIs, Backend, DB interactions at scale.
Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten million people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make a direct impact on the success of our business.
Example projects of an SDET:
- Articulating test plans and prioritizing them for automation
- Writing code to implement automated test cases for upcoming features
- Integrate end-to-end tests into the build pipelines and develop metrics such as test pass rates/importance etc.
- Assisting in the development of our testing framework
- Develop and evangelize good testing practices
- Mentor other engineers on how to write quality tests & improve existing ones
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 3+ years hands-on experience building and maintaining test suites, preferably with open-source frameworks such as Cypress, Selenium, etc.
- Proficient with writing quality code (automation test code) with scripting languages Ruby, Python, and/or Java
- Ability to do code reviews and help create test cases for automation
- Experience in creating and using test automation frameworks for functional, UI, API, and performance testing
- Take initiative on opportunities to improve the QA process, and to expand test coverage and capabilities
- Experience with building, supporting, maintaining, and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with automation testing of networking devices - switches or routers or wireless access points
- Experience with Postgres or other RDBMS
- Experience with containerization technologies docker, Swarm, or Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Gerrit, Jenkins, and GitLab
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.