Senior Software Developer - Frameworks & Tools - Cloud
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a Meraki Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with UI, backend, and firmware engineers to help craft, plan, and build new test frameworks and tests for our new and existing Meraki Dashboard features. With the help of the product manager and other team members, you will solve meaningful problems to help all the engineers here at Meraki.
We are seeking a cloud software engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are! Your contributions will have a direct impact on the success of our team’s mission, not to mention our customers’ lives!
About the Team:
The Cloud test platform team is responsible for all the testing infrastructure of the cloud projects in Meraki. This includes the development of testing infrastructure for innovative new features spanning from the web to mobile, to hardware connectivity, to data generation, as well as developing the testing framework itself to support new use cases and workflows.
What will you do?
Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten million people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make a direct impact on the success of our business.
Example projects of a Cloud Software Engineer:
- Develop APIs and integration into various systems to help with reporting
- Integrate end-to-end tests into the build pipelines and create metrics such as test pass rates/importance etc.
- Build tools for data generation, migrations, etc.
- Assisting in the development of our CI/CD pipeline framework
- Develop and evangelize good testing practices
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience coding/building and maintaining frameworks, helping with automation efforts, and delivering scalable solutions
- You like thinking about systems and architecture — edge cases, failure scenarios - and full lifecycle. You’re interested and experienced in making systems more resilient and fault tolerant.
- Debug complex technical problems and find solutions.
- You are passionate about building automation frameworks, and processes to help deliver a phenomenal product experience.
- Experience with building, supporting, maintaining, and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with containerization technologies docker, Swarm, or Kubernetes.
- Deep Postgres or other RDBMS experience.
- Experience with Rails
- Experience with QA processes - expanding test coverage, writing tests, test case management, etc.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.