Software Engineer (MV) (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most significant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Meraki’s camera team is a growing, fast paced team building security cameras with a unique edge-storage architecture, redefining an industry where innovation is rare. The MV security cameras blend the elegance and ease of use of high-end consumer systems with the immense scalability, security, and power of enterprise-grade solutions.
You’ll Work With
You’ll get the chance to work with a group of very skilled but humble and collaborative engineers, with deep experience from both established companies to startups. The MV Backend team is focused on delivering stability, scalability, speed, and quality in MV’s cloud services. You will be joining a team that leads core portions of the system’s architecture. This includes our video export pipeline, the systems that archive video securely to the cloud and deliver crucial alert notifications, and the APIs that power the app experiences.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will build the APIs to enable groundbreaking features on our web and mobile apps like:
- Snapshot integration with both camera and IoT sensors
- Crafting public APIs that enable an ecosystem of analytics partners
- Improving the availability information of on-camera video (when it's available and why might video be missing)
- Revamping the video exports API (asynchronous job processing)
- Enable flexible and secure user management at scale, for organizations with thousands of employees
- Enable flexible, easy, and secure management of devices for customers operating thousands of them across hundreds of locations.
You will use these skills:
- Work closely with the Frontend and Mobile teams, along with PM and UX to build consensus and define requirements/API schemas
- Document new endpoints with supporting design docs
- Debug and improve performance issues at the database or web application layer as they arise
- Design, code, and deploy core endpoints, with a focus on security (Go, Python, Scala, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Create and prioritize useful and practical metrics, monitoring, and alerting (Statsd, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Pagerduty)
You are an ideal fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of production experience with one of these or similar languages: Go/Python/Scala/Java/Ruby
- Have a proven understanding of relational databases: Postgres/MySQL
- Have experience working on web applications at scale
- Have experience with cloud platforms: AWS or equivalent
- Proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes
- Take a focused, organized approach to development, testing, and quality
- Are eager to learn and grow
- Understand that privacy is inherently valuable for everyone, and work to make sure our system is clear in its operation and secure with its data
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.