Technical Program Manager - IoT
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free hard-working people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Meraki is seeking an expert Technical Program Manager for driving IoT engineering programs. Come be part of the team that delivers innovative products for businesses and organizations of all sizes. As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with our Engineering, Product Management, and other multi-functional teams to shepherd through all phases of development. Our goal is to deliver high quality products on time and within budget.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Partnering with the Engineering Director to help the organization build and implement a complex and highly collaborative roadmap
- Lead IoT programs spanning across the entire IoT software engineering teams, including but not limited to cameras, sensors, and AI deployed at the edge
- Build and drive program plan with well-managed dependencies and partner alignment
- Implement and track program work, achievements, action items, technical dependencies, risks, and mitigation plans
- Cultivate collaboration by breaking down silos between teams
- Maintain accountability on project commitments and work you're doing
- Understand product use cases and communicate technically with engineering and product teams
- Develop strong working relationships with multi-functional teams to best understand and deliver on business goals and priorities
- Prepare program status reports and executive briefings for various collaborator groups
- Partner with ICD to drive IC Lifecyle and process improvements
- Driving Roadmap planning, Objectives & Key Results (OKRs), and Quality Reviews for the IoT team
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- Bachelors or higher degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience in software engineering
- 8+ proven experience as Engineering Program Manager/Technical Program Manager in software, hardware, embedded, networking, IoT technologies or products
- 3+ years of experience as EPM/TPM specifically in software products and IoT backend technologies
- Consistent track record of delivering high quality products
- Experience working across global teams to drive programs optimally through multiple time zones
- Experience working in medium to large size companies, which have gone through significant personnel growth in the SW engineering organization
- Strong understanding of software development processes and Agile methodologies
- Excel at inventing, adapting, and maintaining new operational processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Experience working with project planning tools (Jira, Gantt charts, Smartsheets, MS Project, Confluence, Google Docs)
- Appetite for rapid changes and comfort with navigating through uncertain/ambiguous situations
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building am employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.