Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we empower our customers to realize their mission by simplifying the digital workplace. Our cloud-first networking platform and rich portfolio of security, access, and IoT products are changing the way CIOs build new experiences, enable hybrid workforces, and create smarter and more secure environments for customers and employees.
The role will provide primary support for a C-level executive and partner with additional leadership as needed. The ideal individual exercises good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and will maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant can work independently on projects from conception to completion and work well under pressure; handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Complete a broad wide range of administrative tasks including handling a very active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is occasionally confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure schedule is followed and appropriately prioritized; keeping them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the leadership team including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Decide on the best course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of, the supported staff on a range of issues
- Plan and coordinate events relating to travel occasionally
- Take on special projects as needed
Who you are:
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Executive Assistant role
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Experience handling confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service
- Ability to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Google applications (Calendar, Docs, Sheets)
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.