Support Product Specialist - Cloud / Backend
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere – from local libraries to global hotels – to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works. Cisco has been named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021 and 2022!
What we're looking for
As a Support Product Specialist at Meraki, you will be an authority in the function of Meraki’s Cloud and backend, using your expertise to help identify, present, and prioritize product issues that are discovered by Meraki’s Support team. You will build relationships with our Cloud Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure that product trends, product serviceability, and the customer experience are represented in the product development lifecycle. An average work week might consist of investigating bug reports, performing in-depth technical troubleshooting, creating user documentation and training for Support, and meeting with your PM and Engineering counterparts to discuss issues associated with the Meraki product line.
- Work on self-assigned Cloud-related bug reports that are sent in by our Support engineers, helping our engineers get to the bottom of complex networking issues.
- Coach our Support team empathetically on troubleshooting, data gathering, and bug report formatting.
- As the voice of Support and Meraki’s customers, prioritize the Cloud bug backlog by working directly with Engineering and Product Management.
- Present compelling trends about our Cloud in Support cases, firmware, software, and users to increase customer loyalty and improve our products.
- Create user documentation and training modules for our Support team, ensuring that your specialized knowledge is shared with our diverse team of network engineers.
- Collaborate with PM and Engineering to create better Support experiences and enhance Meraki’s simplicity.
- Keep our Support organization up to date on the latest product developments, bridging product information from PM and Engineering back to our network engineers.
Do you love to pursue networking certifications? Are you eager to attend industry meetups that relate to networking, programming, or CX? On the Support Product Specialists team, we strongly value your continued professional development. We encourage you to spend 20% of your time:
- Obtaining certifications and learning programming languages
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Exploring new tools and advancements in the field of computer networking
- You have 5+ years of experience working with Cloud / Backend and related technologies
- You have hands-on experience identifying and writing bug reports for Cloud / Backend technologies
- You have experience working with bug tracking / reporting software, such as JIRA or Salesforce
- You have generated technical troubleshooting or configuration documentation for computer networking technologies
- You have programming experience with Ruby, Python, and/or SQL
- You have obtained or are seeking “Expert” level networking certification such as CCIE, CWNE, etc.
Are you wondering what it's like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.