Salesforce Developer Team Lead
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free hardworking people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality!
Cisco Meraki’s Support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and empathetic customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of critical thinking and the grit to implement the next best action.
About the role:
Cisco Meraki is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to develop the next generation of features, services and integrations to improve the lives of our outstanding Support team
You will be joining our growing team of Support-focused developers and you’ll directly feel the positive impact that your projects have on our grateful (and technical) users
You will provide technical expertise, guidance, and standard practices for our team of Salesforce developers
You love using technology to solve business problems. You’re a passionate learner and has a strong track record of building scalable applications using Salesforce technologies and frameworks.
A typical work week might consist of:
Investigating new technologies and deciding which will be a good fit for Meraki, and how best to implement them
Building an impactful team by mentoring Support Software engineers and supporting recruiting efforts to help shape the future of the team
40% Salesforce Development
- Be the tip of the technological spear for Meraki Support
- Investigate new technologies, decide which to adopt and how to roll them out
- Safeguard the organization from unnecessary technical debt
- Know and decide when to use custom code vs admin-friendly tools to accomplish business goals
40% Team Development
- As the team lead, your input will be essential in hiring and building a distributed team
- Insist on a strong test-first team culture and conduct periodic code quality reviews
- Ensure team is adhering to standard methodologies and build technical feasibility documents
- Promote empathetic, user-centric design over insular, overly-engineered work
20% Professional Development
- Stay well-versed in the latest theory and standard methodologies in the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Find the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side projects
- Attend industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Explore new tools and in the field of Support-related software development
- 5+ years of enterprise development experience in Salesforce stack
- Salesforce Apex and/or Java or any object oriented programming experience, SQL and/or Salesforce SOQL
- Salesforce Lightning Web Components
- Salesforce Communities
- Excellent knowledge of third party applications and platform integrations.
- Experience with various Salesforce deployment pipelines like ANT, Copado, Salesforce DX
- Work collaboratively with Product, UX, Support, Engineering, etc to deliver new or improve product features
- Prior experience with Support or Service organizations is also a plus
- Prior experience with products like MuleSoft, Tableau is a plus
- Experience with current software development lifecycles and practices
- Agile-aligned methodologies (Scaled Agile, Kanban, etc.), continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), Git-based Version Control Systems (VCS)
- Relevant Salesforce Certifications and/or Trailhead badges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.