Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Our mission at Cisco Meraki is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most important to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works! With millions of online devices managed from the cloud, we are able to use real-time data to continuously improve the performance, stability and security of our products.
As Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), you will have a tremendous impact on the security of hundreds of thousands of networks supporting schools, businesses, and government agencies—and the globally distributed cloud that manages them. Your team will have the full spectrum of security aligned roles, including app sec, prod sec, compliance, and DnR, to name a few. You think about security both tactically as well as strategically, are a member of the greater security community, and understand how to build an organization. The opportunity has organization-wide responsibility and reports directly to senior engineering leadership (Meraki CTO & SVP of Engineering).
This role presents a unique opportunity to guide the future security posture for the world’s largest cloud networking platform. At Meraki, teams work on an exciting array of groundbreaking technologies from artificial intelligence & machine learning, to desktop agents, to container orchestration in the cloud and within IoT device firmware. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, mentoring, and empowering inquisitive, helpful, humble people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. Finally, we maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe—including an amazing office overlooking the Bay Bridge, stocked full of food and drinks.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading a large, multi-level security and compliance organization with a focus on career growth and retention
- Being a strategic security advisor to all executive leaders of the Meraki business
- Identifying gaps in the security posture, inclusive of both corporate IT systems and practices, as well as our product portfolio of hardware and cloud services
- Leading your team in conducting threat analysis for our device-side and cloud software and auditing related code
- Working with product management to define and execute on a customer centric compliance and security roadmap
- Leading security incident response
- Partnering with IT to develop and execute a corporate security strategy
- Working with the greater Cisco security organization to leverage their resources and maintain alignment with the overall corporate security strategy
- Consulting other teams on the security implications of their design decisions
- Helping to set and prioritize Meraki-wide, strategic security projects
- Working with recruiting to devise and implement the security hiring plan, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Developing, implementing, and managing information security training and awareness for Meraki engineers at all levels, including dissemination and explanation of policies and procedures and developing a knowledge base
- Maintaining a good understanding of current and emerging information security, regulatory, and compliance trends
- Advocating initiatives and software development processes that reinforce that security is every engineer’s responsibility
What we’re looking for:
- Experience leading through a management layer (manager of managers, 20+ ppl)
- Empathy and emotional intelligence to lead a diverse group of engineers and managers at varying stages of their careers
- Strong management operating cadence
- Experience leading teams through complex compliance certifications (e.g. FedRAMP, PCI, SOC2, ISMAP) and working with external auditors and advisors
- Extensive (10+ yrs) security experience dealing with web systems, Cloud, SaaS, compliance, corp IT, infrastructure, and/or embedded devices
- Experience working cross-functionally in an engineering organization
- Significant experience building diverse and inclusive teams
- Superb communication skills and can articulate a compelling security vision
Are you interested? We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.