Meraki Customer Escalations Engineering, Technical Leader - Security & SD-WAN
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
What You'll Do
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide highest-level technical thought leadership for Cisco Meraki engineers to assist them in solving complex customer problems (50%)
- Coach and mentor others to help them advance in their career (20%)
- Invest in your personal growth and stay current on the latest developments with SD-WAN, Network Security & Routing (20%)
- Engage with Engineering and Product Management to drive product quality and serviceability (10%)
Who You Are
- Technical expert in SD-WAN & network security technologies. Applies expected product behavior across industry practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry
- Related degree or equivalent certifications with 10+ years of proven experience in network or cloud engineering support environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances and drive cross-functional team efforts to resolve major customer issues
- Deep technical knowledge of networking technologies, particularly SD-WAN, network security, and routing
- Ability to provide leadership across the entire Meraki solution to lead a technical team to find and resolve customer issues
- CCIE or equivalent certifications are highly desired
- Proficiency with scripting and database queries
- Lead by example, mentor, and train others
- Ability to work with Engineering architects to influence serviceability and usability design
Why Cisco Meraki
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style, with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers, and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team on innovative technology and powering a more inclusive future for all. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their businesses. Sure, we’re a company that’s 35 years strong and maybe you’ve heard we’re a hardware company. But we’re also a software company. A security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. And we’re the tech behind keeping the world connected, productive, and ever adapting in our hybrid world by way of Webex.
Day to day, our teams have each other’s backs. We tackle whatever challenge comes our way, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate one another – from big life moments to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 5 days off each year to do just that too)!
What’s powering an inclusive future for all look like? We know that without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities are leading the way, and together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, and supporting the most vulnerable through our innovation, amazing culture, and a collective effort to make this world a better place.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.