Product Manager - Security and Compliance
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a motivated and collaborative Product Manager to lead product management activities for our Security and Compliance initiatives. You will expand Meraki’s cloud management capabilities while working with Meraki product teams across the company (wireless APs, network security appliances, intelligent video cameras, and more). This role would partner with Engineering, Security, and Legal teams in the areas of security, compliance projects, and global expansion projects.
Your mission will be to strengthen security and privacy as a competitive advantage in our product strategy. You will have the opportunity to drive Meraki’s compliance strategy as we expand our addressable markets into federal governments, new compliance-appropriate verticals, and global markets. You can expect to partner with our security teams to drive vulnerability and incident disclosure programs to help our customers minimize the risk associated with security vulnerabilities in our products.
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution! You will team up with forward-thinking engineers and customers to ensure that we have the best user experience and the most sophisticated cloud platform in the industry. In addition, you'll also work side-by-side with the executive team to build a leading strategy, while also collaborating with the outstanding sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market adoption and rapid growth.
Every day is truly unlike the one before! Your penchant for approaching problems with creative solutions, a passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki Product Leader.
Why Cisco Meraki?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking calculated risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change how the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech enthusiasts, social media influencers, and we even have a few purple-haired folks on the team. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that drive our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build the strategy and roadmaps for privacy, security, and compliance for the Meraki cloud and product lines
- Design with engineering strategies to accelerate compliance programs, while using other cloud vendors
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to expand our products to new markets
- Work closely with our outstanding teams such as engineering, legal, and security to act on our roadmaps and plans
- Translate user requirements, regulations, and policies into useful engineering and process requirements
- Define go-to-market and pricing for new markets.
- Assist and train our fast-growing global sales team
- Work on vulnerability prioritization and disclosure process
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years in a Product Management role, having worked cross-functionally on large projects with multiple engineering teams
- 3+ years working with customers in regulated industries
- Technical background in cloud infrastructure and software development
- Prior privacy and compliance experience with knowledge of regulations such as ISO 27001, PCI, and SOC2.
- Prior experience working on incident response and vulnerability management for a product
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related degree
- Entrepreneurship, "can do" demeanor, and motivation to make an impact
Nice to Have:
- MBA or a related advanced degree
- Certified in Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Certified in AWS or Azure
- Experience working at a SaaS or PaaS enterprise company
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.