Software Embedded Firmware Manager, Core Product (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will drive all technical aspects of software delivery for our firmware, including requirements definition and refinement, design, estimation, implementation, unit and system-level testing, as well as deployment. The Core Product team is responsible for crafting and implementing features that improve the reliability, simplicity, security, and performance of our products. Our projects are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about. With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed!
As a Software Engineering Manager you will:
- Mentor junior engineers and encourage the professional growth of everyone on the team.
- Partner with Product Management and Product Engineering teams.
- Be responsible for growing the team, retaining talent, and providing technical direction and career development opportunities.
- Collaborate with engineers across product teams to architect features that delight our customers.
- Foster a culture of quality, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience on projects involving meaningful planning and coordination
- Experience with C++ and Linux
- The ability to work and collaborate across multiple product lines
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in networking
- Experience with embedded systems development such as Yocto and buildroot
- Experience developing Linux kernel space code
- Experience working with third party vendors and contractors
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, GitLab, and Jenkins
- Experience managing agile projects and using agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great teams come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.