Director of Product Management - Developer Platform & Ecosystem
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As Director of Product Management for Developer Platform & Ecosystem, you will shape the strategy for our market leading APIs and ecosystem partner marketplace. You will collaborate with Meraki leadership and product teams across the company (wireless access points, network security appliances, intelligent video cameras and more).
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will team up with forward-thinking product managers, engineers, solutions architects, developer advocates, and delighted customers to help ensure that we have the best developer experience and integrate with the solutions that customers need the most. You will work closely with the executive team to build a successful strategy. You will collaborate with our distinguished sales, business development, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market-adoption and rapid growth.
You will have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing connected hardware companies in the world, reach a global customer base, and work on groundbreaking cloud managed hardware.
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your appetite for approaching problems with creative solutions, candid passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki product leader.
- Define the strategy for the Meraki API framework, API features, developer platform, and partner ecosystem
- Grow our app marketplace, open source projects, product integrations, in breadth and depth
- Develop a playbook for strategic partnerships with key technology partners and work with business development and partner sales teams to grow these relationships
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to define the strategy for our API first strategy across the Meraki platform
- Work closely with our engineers, solutions architects, developer advocates to continue to simplify our outstanding developer and customer experience
- Team up with our rapidly growing sales teams and partners to solve customer problems
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in a Product Management role
- 5+ years of experience in developer platforms, app marketplaces, and API products
- 5+ years of people management experience building, leading and mentoring high performing teams
- Technical background working with engineering teams on complex software projects
- Experience with enterprise SaaS software
- Expertise in product analytics (product engagement/adoption, app marketplaces)
- You have a real dedication for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging ground-breaking technologies
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about top customer problems
- You are able to easily communicate complicated concepts simply to multiple audiences
- You have a results-oriented, can-do demeanor with an intuitive understanding of product quality
- You love solving technical problems in innovative ways
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related degree
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.