Senior Escalations Engineer - Security/SDWAN
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Escalations Team at Cisco Meraki is hiring. We are looking forward to welcoming applications qualified individuals who are technology enthusiasts and love problem-solving.
We are a team that serves as the last point of technical escalation. We lead complex and critical network problems to resolution when these issues cannot be resolved through the normal support process. Forget monotony with a new network challenge every single day! We strive for the highest quality of technical expertise and are empowered to use resources and be creative with our problem solving. Caring deeply for our customers and collaboration are second nature for us. We are uniquely positioned to get customer, support, and sales perspectives to improve product serviceability.
When the situation calls for, you may have to travel for 10-15% of the time
- Be the technical resolution owner and voice of authority representing Cisco Meraki support
- Review the reported issue and work with support to ensure the problem is accurately scoped.
- Analyze data and provide the next steps
- Create and implement plans to replicate customer issues to expedite resolution
- Navigate technical and political conversations
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to report, remediate issues while advocating for the customer
- Work with members across departments to effectively resolve issues
- Use the knowledge gained to contribute to the knowledge base via documents and training
- Use the expertise and experience to make quality serviceability recommendations for products
- Interlock with product teams to provide insights on trends
- Mentor other engineers on sophisticated troubleshooting, and debugging skills
We encourage and value your professional development. Plan and use up to 20% of your time to develop yourself. This may look like this:
- Choosing and specializing in Cisco Meraki Products and technologies of interest
- Focusing on certifications and programming languages
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Learning the latest on networking industry standards and competitor solutions
- Exploring new tools and investigating advancements in the field of computer networking
- You have 3+ years experience working with security technologies such as Layer 3, layer 4 firewall, VPN, IPS/IDS, SD-WAN
- You have proficiency with basic routing and switching, are proficient in routing protocols BGP and OSPF.
- You have troubleshooting proficiency in security technologies and protocols
- You have familiarity with Meraki MX devices and Cisco devices is preferred. Knowledge of additional products in this domain is a plus
- You have associate-level certification such as CCNP, CCNP-Security preferred
- You are proficient in customer service and stakeholder management
- You have experience handling critical issues
- You are adept at taking charge and navigating difficult conversations
- You have recorded documentation efforts
- You have exposure troubleshooting network issues and are a good problem solver
Why Cisco Meraki
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.