Senior Full Stack Engineer - Authentication
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full stack teams build and maintain our web application, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
As a Meraki Full Stack Engineer, you will collaborate with backend and security engineers to design, plan, and build authorization and authentication features for our customers. With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world.
Meraki’s product Dashboard teams are small, fast-moving teams striving to make our products unique in balancing their feature-rich abilities and their simplicity. You’ll be developing the tools by which our customers configure and monitor network devices all over the world. Our full-stack engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate with backend engineers to design and build scalable authentication models
- Work with product managers and UX designers to construct intuitive workflows to help IT professionals administer their organizations
- Develop authentication services across the Meraki web application, mobile apps, and API, with security in mind
- Work with security engineers to identify and remediate vulnerabilities
- Develop the tools by which our customers configure and monitor network devices all over the world
- Resolve complex scale-related problems
- Ensure the stability of our product with a high customer focus
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing engineering standard methodologies
- Design and build authentication features that prioritize security while maintaining a seamless user experience
- Architect an authentication service that works with a distributed database and infrastructure
- Extract legacy authentication code to build a clean, easily-extensible framework
- Implement early detection systems to recognize issues and remediate them proactively
- Create application features to maintain and ensure user privacy
- Advocate for and help others to apply security best practices to new and legacy areas of the web and mobile applications
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- Have 5+ years of experience writing professional production code
- Have 3+ years of experience with secure web application services (such as login, access control, etc)
- Have 3+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails
- Can implement good database design in a relational database (we use Postgres).
- Have experience with customer-centric design
- Would thrive on a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are interested in career advancement. We're looking for leaders, whether that means you want to be a strong leading individual contributor or you want to grow into a tech lead role.
BONUS POINTS FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience or interest in networking
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications)
- Experience building rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.