Senior Site Reliability Engineer , Developer Tools (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The Developer Tools team at Meraki engineers tools, automation and processes that facilitate developers’ efficiency. We support the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), including core developer tools and environments, build tools, code review, identity management, source version control, artifact management, CI/CD pipelines, education, and documentation. Our customers are all engineers at Meraki.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will design and build the developer experience for Meraki's Software Engineering teams. You will work within a team distributed across the US and UK and collaborate with other teams across SRE and Software Engineering. Your decisions will shape the day to day operations of Meraki's cloud, and enable our engineers to easily, safely, and confidently experiment on and build great products!
- Design and implement critical infrastructure for building, testing, and deploying our cloud applications.
- Perform complex problem resolution and debugging of internal and vendor-supplied tools.
- Develop systems for other engineering teams that are secure, scalable, reliable, and user-empowering.
- Work on cross-functional initiatives within Software Engineering and with non-technical stakeholders.
- Practice sustainable incident response (on call rotation) and blameless postmortems.
You Are an Ideal Candidate If You:
- Have a software development background with 5+ years demonstrated ability coding with languages like Ruby or Python.
- Quickly learn and dive into new or unfamiliar technologies.
- Like to mentor other specialists and set a higher standard on the team.
- Are deeply passionate about running highly resilient/scalable systems.
- Embrace the configuration-as-code and automation-first attitudes.
- Have experience with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in a hybrid cloud environment (we deploy to bare metal, container orchestration, and managed cloud services).
- Experience building and supporting tools for a quickly growing engineering organization.
Keywords: Site Reliability Engineering, Developer Tools, Developer Efficiency, Software Engineering, GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.