AWS Architect (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier and faster with technology that simply works.
The Meraki Cloud supports millions of customer devices from 8 data centers around the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving billions of HTTP requests per day globally! Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras.
Our SREs are responsible for building and growing the cloud that supports these customers and their networks. As a AWS Architect on the Cloud Operations Excellence Team you will help design, develop and operate large-scale, secure cloud platform that make sure our services stay online and performant. We are a team of passionate software engineers that value quality and customer experience. Our team is based in the US, and we embrace hybrid and remote work!
- Make cloud adoption easier to enable and empower engineering teams to deliver their services in cloud reliably, securely and in the most cost efficient way.
- Partner with the cloud procurement and engineering teams on cost management and optimization
- Build automated reporting capabilities to enable us to meet our compliance needs
- Build and maintain standard infrastructure as code modules for reuse by development teams and other business units.
- Partner with the SRE Network team to build a coherent hybrid cloud strategy.
- Collaborate with compliance and security teams to establish key guardrails for adoption of cloud while ensuring that all guardrails are either enforced through automation and/or have monitoring and alerts if any deviations have occurred
- Participate in the design review process to provide guidance on cloud design decisions, standards and operational practices.
- Run Cloud QBRs for senior leadership in partnership with the vendor.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Experience in building and running large scale multi-account public cloud (AWS) environments
- Experience with infra-as-code platforms like Terraform and Cloudformation.
- Experience developing with languages like Ruby, Python, Go or Scala
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- 8+ years’ experience in the industry.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#LI - Remote
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.