Sr Product Manager - MV User Experience
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us! By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
You will lead and build a small, hardworking team. You have unlimited funding, a global brand, 25,000 salespeople, and you have a launch date. What do you do now?
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop the frontend interface for the physical security experience for our MV product family. You will enjoy the benefit of Meraki’s agile startup culture while gaining the scale and resources of a global corporation such as Cisco. In this role, you will be accountable for bringing a simple concept or early prototype to market as quickly as possible. You will protect the idea of a Minimally Viable Product (MVP) while performing with the hunger of a small company seeking its next round of funding.
By using many market-leading technologies and infrastructure components already in use at Meraki, you will have the opportunity to build at a scale that would be impossible on your own. All of this is possible by working with a diverse and dedicated collection of people. From developers to marketers, salespeople to executives, you will influence, empower, and lead a wide variety of resources to achieve the collective goal.
What you will be doing:
- Becoming an industry expert in your field.
- Taking a product from MVP to a market leading complete solution
- Shipping your first new feature within 3 months of joining.
- Defining, owning, and implementing a 3-year roadmap for our dashboard strategy.
- Ultimate responsibility for everything related to the MV dashboard experience, and Meraki Vision Portal.
- Be involved in everything. Your mission is to work out what will make the difference at any given time and focus on positively impacting that outcome when there isn’t time to do everything.
- Spending up to 20% of your time traveling to see customers and industry events.
What we're looking for:
- An entrepreneur, a risk taker, someone who looks beyond tomorrow.
- A leader with outstanding interpersonal skills capable of motivating a diverse team.
- Someone with a curious nature with a love of new and emerging technologies.
- Customer compassion, but with the critical thinking needed to ask tough questions.
- An abstract problem solver who can spot the patterns of high-value customer problems.
- A storyteller with a natural passion for the product, a salesperson in disguise with the ability to distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words.
- MVP execution. Complete timely shipping to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Experience in a customer-centric, cross-functional role such as product management, consulting systems engineer, technical marketing engineer, or founder.
- Experience working with an app as the only product interface, or as the product itself.
- Experience as a developer/user experience designer
- A passion for smart video security.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.