Cloud Procurement Strategist
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
***US Citizenship Required***
Meraki is seeking a Cloud Procurement Strategist for the Cloud Procurement & Engineering Operations teams. You would be working within Meraki’s Datacenter & Public Cloud Operations team, reporting up to the Global Lead of Cloud Procurement & Operations. You would also work closely with the Engineering Operations Manager.
At Meraki, we are passionate about building real products that our customers love! We believe in encouraging a positive environment by hiring, mentoring, and empowering inquisitive, effective, low ego people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. With the support of management, we constantly look for ways to improve organizationally. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup atmosphere. We are confident you will love it here!
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have the ability to handle the agreements with Meraki’s existing 30+ SaaS licensing & Infrastructure vendors.
- This role will be solely responsible in assisting Software Engineering Managers across Meraki’s Chief Technical Officer’s organization on the addition of new vendors and negotiating software licensing agreements.
- The objective is to improve Meraki’s purchasing power and improve the speed of procurement once an Engineering Manager has a procurement requirement.
- As a result you would need to work closely with the Engineering Managers, in a hybrid environment, both working from home and Meraki’s San Francisco office.
- Have 0-2 years of Software licensing procurement and vendor management experience; however, we are accepting applications from candidates that meet the requirements without the years of experience.
Example of responsibilities:
- Negotiate new agreements on behalf of Meraki Software Engineering Manager requests for both Meraki's Software Operating Expenses & Cost of Goods Sold.
- Prepare the financial analysis reporting and accruals-based reporting to improve our financial visibility on cloud spend plus assist in our compliance based activity across Meraki procurement.
- Maintain Meraki’s speed of procurement for software and infrastructure contracts.
- Responsible in maintaining our Vendor, Legal and Financial compliance working closely with each respective team at Meraki.
- Use software pricing review tooling provided by Meraki to negotiate fair prices in accord to precise scope of works. The goal is to achieve savings through competitive tenders to meet Meraki’s specific technical needs.
- Seek opportunity to optimize costs where necessary and identify cost minimization while not impacting Meraki’s speed of technical development.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.