Datacenter Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
***US Citizenship Required***
At Cisco Meraki, we are known for simplifying powerful technology through our products and services - and for the people behind them. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our technology architecture is changing the face of networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything we do. Here, that means we take innovative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired!
Meraki Site Reliability Engineering is going through a transformation towards software-defined everything. The focus is to manage our datacenter infrastructure as a code and have programmability through well-defined APIs. To support this transformation, we are looking for an expert and hardworking individual who will be part of our Datacenter Operations team running Meraki datacenters around the world. You will be responsible to run and operate network equipment and automate underlying processes using infrastructure as code principles.
- Manage a Data Center Operations Team responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of network, server, and storage hardware in data center locations across North America.
- Own and improve the tools and process that makes your team efficient at managing the lifecycle of our hardware.
- Partner with infrastructure, platform and product teams to plan and execute against a wide variety of business and product needs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective and efficient processes.
- Work closely with our amazing recruiters to grow the team.
- Develop the technical and leadership skills qualities of individual contributors. Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote accordingly.
- Set a high standard for documentation and knowledge sharing on the team.
- Track issues and analyze data looking for trends and systemic issues, reporting on and managing key metrics.
- Approximately 20% travel required.
You are an ideal candidate if you
- Have 5+ years of experience in managing technology operations, including data center operations.
- Have 3+ years of experience in building scalable infrastructure.
- Have experience in personnel management, staffing and scheduling for a 24/7 environment.
- Have strong working knowledge of data center power and cooling infrastructure, structured cabling, and enterprise network, server, and storage hardware.
- Have experience with project management and vendor management.
Bonus points for
- Linux and hardware systems support experience, ideally in an Internet operations environment.
- Familiarity with Ruby, SQL and/or shell scripting knowledge.
- Understanding of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console.
- Experience working in a fast paced, hands-on, startup-like environment.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.