Product Manager - Secure SD-WAN
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Product Manager - Secure SD-WAN
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join the Secure SD-WAN team, responsible for Cisco Meraki’s MX, MG, and Z product lines!
Come be part of the new team that delivers groundbreaking products for businesses and organizations of all sizes.
As a Cisco Meraki Product Manager, your daily tasks will include working closely with our Hardware engineering, Software engineering, Program Management, Marketing, Support, Sales, Strategy, Finance, Legal, and Operations teams to orchestrate products from conceptualization through all phases of product development.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team of brilliant engineers to not only shape, but actually define and build the future of Secure WAN Edge networking (SD-Everything, really…) at Cisco Meraki and the greater Cisco.
You will work closely with the leadership team to establish the Secure SD-WAN portfolio roadmap, strategy, collaboration with other business units and external companies, Sales processes, go to market, and so on.
Cisco Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will own the charge to continue the evolution!
- Ownership of key branches of the Secure SD-WAN product portfolio when it comes to software strategy and execution of future product offerings from Meraki
- Full ownership of product lifecycle including new feature development, EOL, and sustainable support of existing products in the portfolio
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, product strategy, and product positioning
- Source of knowledge in your field of expertise, including trends and technologies
- The trusted advisor to your engineering team, teaching them how key use cases are driven by customers, where they struggle, what matters to them, and so on.
- 4+ yrs of demonstrated ability as a Product Manager in software, networking, cloud technologies, or products space with a proven track record of success.
- Entrepreneurship, "can do" attitude, ability, desire, and willingness to make an impact.
- Solid understanding of software/hardware development processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor or higher degree in a related technical field (Electrical, Electronics Engineering/Computer Science) or equivalent experience in Program Management, hardware, and/or software engineering
- MBA is a plus
- Proficient in Agile and Waterfall Project Management processes. Should be able to deal well with rapid changes, and feel comfortable navigating uncertain/ambiguous situations.
Why Cisco Meraki?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple-haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.