Logistics Security Manager
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki is searching for a Logistics Security Project Manager to join our Global Fulfillment Operations team! As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. We also understand, by simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Are you ready to join the team?
You look forward to working cross-functionally with various teams and partners, and you thrive on providing superb service. You are open to change, excited to tackle meaningful situations, and are eager to get things done (and done well). You are passionate about learning the behind-the-scenes operations of a company - how things work, why they are the way they are and what we can do to make things better.
- Lead logistics security requirements with Meraki logistics partners (3PLs, carriers)
- Support trade compliance audits of global vendors and drive implementation of correction actions arising from audit findings
- Serve as a trade compliance global subject matter authority and trusted advisor, communicating trade-related regulatory changes in alignment with Cisco governance teams
- Consult with external partners and internal teams to intake compliance requirements tied to local laws and regulations (ex. control statements, HTS codes, country required product labeling)
- Assess and quantify risks within security/compliance pillars, articulate requirements, and propose valuable solutions to management
- Ensure process documents and systemic updates are executed for our logistics security program by working with cross-functional teams, including analysts, project managers, and developers, to enhance features supporting trade compliance
- Validate transportation and operations documentation for Meraki logistics partners, including VSAs, SOWs, SOPs, are in place, organized, and accurately managed
- Take the initiative to collaborate cross functionally; works effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in teams
- 5-7 years proven experience in managing global trade operations and bonus for logistics security compliance
- BA/BS required with a degree in International Relations, International Business, Operations Management, or International Studies preferred
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, and communications skills combined with an attitude aimed at solving meaningful problems
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (ex. Excel & PowerPoint), Visio/Lucid charts and preferred experience using a CRM and ERP system
- Ability to navigate government portals for import entries or export declarations
- Bilingual preferred
Why Cisco Meraki?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.