Director of Product Management - SaaS & Subscriptions
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As Director of Product Management for SaaS and Subscriptions, you will collaborate with Meraki leadership and product teams across the company to shape Cisco Meraki’s SaaS platform, subscriptions, and recurring revenue.
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will own the charge to continue the evolution. Teaming up with forward-thinking engineers, designers, and delighted customers, you will help ensure we have flexible buying options which span from SMB to Enterprise and Service Providers. You will work closely with the executive team to build successful strategies and collaborate with our distinguished sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market adoption and rapid growth.
You will have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing connected hardware companies in the world, reach a global customer base, and work on groundbreaking cloud-managed hardware.
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your appetite for approaching problems with creative solutions, candid passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki product leader.
- Define strategies for Cisco Meraki’s SaaS platform including customer subscription licensing, enterprise agreements, and future purchasing models
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to unify Cisco products into a cohesive suite of SaaS platforms with a common customer experience
- Grow Meraki’s business by developing an integrated purchase, installation, expansion, renewal lifecycle with the broader Cisco networking portfolio
- Join forces with our engineers and designers to continue simplifying the customer experience for our leading purchase and renewal model.
- Team up with our Sales, Ops, Hardware, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain teams to reimagine the trials, upsell, and cross-sell experiences
- 10+ years in Product Management leadership with expertise in Product Analytics & Customer Lifecycle Management (measurement, conversion funnels, customer retention)
- 5+ years experience in building, scaling and mentoring impactful teams who thrive in an inclusive, autonomous environment.
- An expert with SaaS platforms & software whose features include licensing, subscription, billing, and price tiering, to name a few
- Experience partnering with design to build phenomenal customer experiences
- A technical background in collaborating with engineering teams on sophisticated software projects
- A passion for learning all things that encompass networking, cloud, and emerging ground-breaking technologies.
- A strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about top customer problems
- A talent for easily communicating complicated concepts simply to multiple audiences
- An earnest, can-do demeanor with an intuitive understanding of product quality
- A love for solving technical problems in innovative ways
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related degree
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.