Senior Software Engineering Manager, Embedded Camera Software
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Meraki’s camera team is a fast-growing, forward-thinking organization building an ecosystem of physical security products focused on the enterprise market. Our products blend the elegance and ease of use of high-end consumer systems with the immense scalability, security, and power of enterprise-grade solutions.
As the head of Embedded Camera Software, you will lead software teams focused on enabling our camera hardware such as embedded platform, video recording and streaming pipeline, and test automation in support of supporting security professionals who depend on our product every day for safety, security, and business intelligence applications.
Alongside your growing team of ~20 creative and hardworking engineers, you'll partner closely with your counterpart leading the camera-focused cloud software team as well as our Hardware and Product Management teams to push the boundaries of what's possible. The passionate team of engineers under your leadership will span everything from embedded software, QA, video processing, and computer vision.
Your focus will be on ensuring your team has what they need to deliver high-quality innovative products on time. Your leadership on technical direction, career development, quality, teamwork, and inclusiveness will ensure you scale this highly-impactful team with the business. You will seek to align stakeholders to our most important objectives, offering a vision for both the team and product that keeps everyone motivated, growing, and attracting the best talent looking forward.
About the team
The Meraki Camera Software Team is responsible for building a secure and stable camera ecosystem that captures and records video, analyzing what is in frame using on-device computer-vision algorithms to create insights for all users. This is all seamlessly managed remotely via the cloud, where the team continues to craft intuitive interfaces which make investigating events of interest as easy as possible.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate your customer-focused passion with the Hardware and Product Management teams by defining, refining, and iterating on the strategy for future camera products
- Develop the long-term technical vision and roadmap within, and often beyond, the scope of your teams
- Develop and execute the software development timelines for new hardware product programs
- Adapt and deploy software engineering processes through the management team reporting to you that allow them to consistently deliver innovative and high-quality cameras on time
- Refine our embedded software strategy that supports the rapid pace of innovation required to retain leadership in the enterprise camera market
- Instill a culture of craftsmanship where development and quality engineers work together to deliver a high-quality experience throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Own the end-to-end delivery of video streams, tracking and reacting to metrics which reflect the quality and reliability of our camera deployments in the field
- Focus on the growth of your team, both as a unit and individually
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience leading organizational improvements through software-engineering managers
- 8+ years of embedded software development experience
- Expert knowledge of how to develop, test, and ship hardware products powered by embedded Linux
- A demonstrated ability leading process and culture changes that inspire and grow multi-disciplinary engineering teams
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of camera and video technologies (h.264, DSPs, computer vision, system resource protection)
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking protocols
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.