Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) (Networking Automation)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
About the Team:
The Cloud Monitoring team is responsible for bringing Meraki Dashboard features to Cisco Catalyst family of switches and wireless products. This includes the development of automated tests for the various features including frontend UI, APIs, Backend, DB interactions at scale.
Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten million people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the success of our team’s mission, not to mention our customer’s lives!
Example projects of an SDET:
- Articulating test plans and prioritizing them for automation
- Writing code to implement automated test cases for upcoming features
- Integrate end-to-end tests into the build pipelines and create metrics such as test pass rates/importance etc.
- Assisting in the development of our testing framework
- Develop and evangelize good testing practices
- Mentor other engineers on how to write quality tests & improve existing ones
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 5+ years hands-on experience building and maintaining test suites, preferably with open-source frameworks such as Cypress, Selenium, etc.
- Ability to do code reviews and help create test cases for automation
- Experience in crafting and using test automation frameworks for functional, UI, API, and performance testing
- Take initiative on opportunities to improve the QA process, and to expand test coverage and capabilities
- Experience with building, supporting, maintaining, and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with REST and HTTP
- Understanding of the following technologies is desired: Kubernetes, Docker, Mongo, Postgres
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
Bonus points if your experience includes:
- Experience with Linux and Networking is desired
- Automation testing of networking devices - switches or routers or wireless access points
- Automation experience with Selenium IDE/WebDriver/Grid
- Ability to write quality code (automation test code) with Ruby, and/or Java
- Postgres or other RDBMS
- Containerization technologies docker, Swarm, or Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Gerrit, Jenkins, and GitLab
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.