Technical Marketing Engineer - Switching
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The Cisco Meraki Product Management (PM) team is seeking a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to support Meraki's fastest-growing product line, the Meraki cloud-managed switching portfolio (meraki.cisco.com/products/switches).
What You Will Do
Meraki is changing how the industry thinks about networking, and you’ll support the charge to continue driving this industry evolution. You will collaborate with forward-thinking engineers and customers to ensure we build the best products with highly innovative technology that puts our users first. You will play a pivotal role in making this product stand out in the growing $23-billion Enterprise Switching market.
You are exhilarated by technology and want to build distinguished products. You want to help make products shine in the marketplace, outpacing and outperforming the competition.
As a member of the Cisco Meraki community, you’ll quickly learn the phrase ‘Meraki Magic’ – a term we use to describe the intangible yet palpable feeling of our spirited culture. Employees have described ‘Meraki Magic’ as “doing things in a way that have never been done before” and “the people”. The magic that Merakians bring to the table is woven into the fabric of our unique culture and reflected in both our products and values.
An ideal candidate is:
- Meticulous and curious to know how things work at their most atomic level.
- Able to distill complex ideas, simply
- Customer-centric, the product is nothing without happy customers
- Daring; data matters, but perfection is your worst enemy, better to fail forward
- Experienced working with people and groups within an organization (internal/external customer support, channel partners, sales, or systems engineering) to remove roadblocks and deliver against your vision with measurable results
- Technical advisor for the product and its current and future capabilities, through innovation and problem-solving
- Experience bringing both SaaS and hardware products to market; this role includes the intersection of both atoms and bits/bytes.
You have :
- 8-12 years of work experience with Routing and Switching network technologies, preferably in an Enterprise SaaS environment
- A CWNA/CCNP/CCIE routing/switching/security or above certifications
- Experience in technical marketing, technical support, product testing, and pre-sales engineering, is preferred
- Passion for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging innovative technologies
- Strong user insight with a deep desire to understand customer difficulties
- Strong communication skills
- A positive demeanor with a strong sense of product quality
- Out-of-the-box thinking; a passion for solving technical problems in creative ways
- A degree in CS, EE, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Why Cisco Meraki?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with teammates who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki!
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.