Senior Manager, Technical Marketing Engineering - Cloud
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As Senior Manager, Technical Marketing Engineering for the Cloud team, you will collaborate with Meraki leadership and product teams across the company to shape Cisco Meraki’s dashboard experience and cloud platform.
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will own the charge to continue the evolution. Teaming up with forward-thinking engineers, designers, and delighted customers, you will help ensure we have flexible buying options which span from SMB to Enterprise and Service Providers. You will work closely with the executive team to build a successful strategy and collaborate with our distinguished sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market-adoption and rapid growth.
You will have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing connected hardware companies in the world, reach a global customer base, and work on groundbreaking cloud managed hardware.
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your appetite for approaching problems with creative solutions, candid passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki product leader.
- Attract, build, and run a diverse team of talented TMEs
- Improve productivity by evolving the team structure to enable efficient execution of TME deliverables
- Stay on top of industry trends and understand the landscape. Work with senior PMs/ TME's on the team to investigate feature/platform innovations that make valuable contributions to a broad range of customers
- Thoughtfully assign incoming technical projects based on skills and availability, provide ongoing feedback, remove roadblocks
- Plan and track timelines for the team, ensuring efficient execution and communicating to relevant partners and leadership when things change
- Work with our talented engineering teams on the direction of our cloud architecture to best handle the scale, performance and reliability that our customers trust
- Working alongside Engineering and PM to craft a feature development strategy that satisfies Meraki’s largest customers while maintaining Dashboard’s core simplicity
- Review/prioritize customer reported bugs and critical issues and establish a plan to address them
- Drive development and creation of impactful technical collateral to better enable our support, sales engineers, customers and partners
- Evangelize Meraki Platform through participation in industry customer and partner events
- Maintain a strong customer focus. Drive a culture of sharing user/customer feedback with Engineering to build features that will have the biggest impact to Meraki customers
- Meet with customers and prospects, share our vision and understand their needs
- 8+ years of technical work experience in B2B SaaS
- 5+ years of experience in cloud technologies and software development
- 3+ years of people management experience building, leading, and mentoring impactful teams
- Have excellent communication skills and can communicate complicated concepts to non-technical audiences
- Have worked cross-functionally on large projects with multiple engineering teams
- Entrepreneurship, "can do" attitude, and ability and willingness to make an impact
- Deep understanding and familiarity with networking technologies
- Love solving technical problems in creative ways
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- Deep passion for mentoring, coaching and growing people
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.